Friday, October 12, 2007

RED CROSS & DAISY


Well, for the last couple of years I've wanted to get back into the Red Cross department...I LOVE my lifeguarding years...anyway...there is a guy in my office who volunteers and trains for the Red Cross. He even had the opportunity to go to New Orleans right after Katrina hit. He was there for two weeks...not pretty, but good experience. Anyway, I'm going to take an Instructor Training class next week. I'd love to have taken the Life Guard Training class, but it's all day for a week and I just can't get out of work for a week right now. I'll do that next time. So anyway the class will consist of 5-6 hours a night for a week and I'll get the opportunity to start training those in my class. Then once I certify I'll be able to train for the Red Cross in many different locations...just the basics obviously. But I'll start working my way through the multiple courses and levels. I'm way excited!! AGAIN, let me just say that I want to get back into the lifeguarding department. Plus with the certification I can teach the boy scouts and the other youth groups and stuff. No, it won't be the exciting level Joni will see, but it will be fun for me.


Anyway, not a lot going on around up here...I am watching Bryan's bird for him...while he's in Disney Land. I think about right now, he's at "Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party"... Her name is Daisy, an Indian Ring Neck. She can get a little bratty, but she's fun. A LOT of personality. I was amazed when I met her a few years ago and see it, wouldn't believe a bird could have personality unless I met her.
We had a little Halloween photo shoot...I know, I'm a dork...

1 comment:

Jeana said...

Sounds very cool about the Red Cross stuff. That sounds like an awesome way to do service. That is a cute bird...and I agree...I wouldn't have thought that a bird could have a personality. Funny how things are!

Hait-through the eyes of my own camera - 2003